Now to the sew along. Can you believe it!!! This is the last step I'm going to show you and then we get to do a show and tell and contest all in one!!
Today your going to need your evening bag and lining pieces. The chain for the handle and maybe a pair of earrings. This evening bag pattern is so basic that I had to do something different to it. The handle and material is in the instructions. Earrings??? Not so much. But just wait to see what we can to with them.
So. . . . Next step. Place the lining inside of the bag. Pin in place. Your going to now slip stitch along the upper edge combining the two layers. HINT: Make sure the knotted end of the basting stitch is sticking up. This way when the two pieces are slip stitched together you can still grab that end and pull out.
- Take a picture of you outfit and either post it to the Flickr group that I opened up or email the picture to me at LLivelyStitch@sbcglobal.net.
- For each outfit that you have sewn up and sent me a picture your name will be entered into the drawing.
- On the 18th of August my son, Jesse will draw one lucky winner.
- The winner will then get to choose any 4 of my patterns they want. I will either mail them to you or deliver them via email attachment.
If you haven't seen my other posts about this Sew-Along and would like to catch up click on the links below.
- A Grand Evening Sew-Along: Schedule and Other Details
- A Grand Evening Sew-Along: Gathering Fabric and Supplies
- A Grand Evening Sew-Along #1: Making a Muslin and Fitting for Other Dolls
- A Grand Evening Sew-Along #2: Cutting and Marking Our Fabric
- A Grand Evening Sew-Along #3: Sewing the Bodice
- A Grand Evening Sew-Along #4: Sewing the Skirt
- A Grand Evening Sew-Along #5: Attaching the Skirt and Snaps
- A Grand Evening Sew-Along #6: Working with Fur and Collar Variations
- A Grand Evening Sew-Along #7: Working with Fur part 2
- A Grand Evening Sew-Along #8: Sewing the Cape Together
- A Grand Evening Sew-Along #9: Sewing the Petticoat and Ideas
- A Grand Evening Sew-Along #10: Making Gloves and Belt
- A Grand Evening Sew-Along #11: Creating the Evening Bag and Creativity
- A Grand Evening: All Finished and a Contest!
- A Grand Evening: Your Grand Evenings!