So wedding stuff aside..... While waiting for the rest of the supplies to come in I have been transforming all my "A Grand Evening" patterns over to a better style of pattern. Only have a couple more to go and then you can print them in either 8 1/2 X 11 inch or A4. Think this will make it easier to print for all of you who don't live here in the US. In these patterns I have included some nifty additions to make the whole process a bit easier. One change is a page layout index that will let you know exactly where to put the pages while taping them together. Another is a 2 inch test square. Very helpful to make sure that when your printing, the pieces are the right size. I am also including metric measurements along with the US standard ones.
While doing a sew along of my own on A Challenging Sew (A jacket for me? Imagine that...) she used a free pattern from Marfy. I loved how much better the PDF pattern was compared to my own. Now yes, they have professional equipment that I don't own. But it doesn't mean that I can produce patterns of that quality. Right? I went over some of what my plans were in a previous post, A Change to Pattern Design, and really wanted those of you doing this sew along to have the better and improved patterns. They should all be finished by the end of this week.
So like I said I'm waiting for all my supplies for the kits to come in. According to tracking information the last of it should be here either tomorrow or Friday. When everything gets here I will start creating the kits and take a picture to show you just what you'll be getting if you choose to purchase it.
But for right now I'm going to go over what's in it and where you can purchase the same or similar supplies. Now of course you might have your favorite shops and websites to purchase from. I know I do. Would love to hear where good supplies can be had. I live in a rather small community with a Wal-Mart for fabric supplies. Nearest town that has quality supplies is an hour and a half away. Needless to say I do a lot of internet shopping. So new trusted places are always a welcome find here.
So here's what you'll get or need and where to find it.
- Mi Amor Duchess Satin Blue - Fabric.com
- Mi Amor Duchess Satin Pink - Fabric.com
- Pink Lining - Formal Pageant Fabrics on Ebay
- Black Rabbit Fur (collar) - Glacier Wear
- Lycra/Spandex (gloves) - Formal Pageant Fabrics on Ebay
- Pink Tulle (petticoat) - Fabric.com
- Black Lace (bodice) - Lace Trim Wholesalers on Etsy
- Mi Amor Duchess Satin Black (belt) - Fabrics.com
- Metal Belt Buckle - Zipper That Doll
- Metal Snaps - Thai Fab Shop on Etsy
- Hook and Eye - Release Rain on Ebay
- Metal Chain (purse) - Sunshine Girl Rosa on Ebay
- Organza (underlining) - Fabric.com
- Gutermann Thread Blue - Red Rock Threads
- Gutermann Thread Pink - Red Rock Threads
- Tracing Paper - Wal-Mart (Hey still have to go there)
- Iron-On Adhesive (belt) - Wal-Mart
- Free Pattern - Me
In the next post I will have a photo of what exactly will be included in the kit. I will also go over the making and fitting of a muslin for Ellowyne so she can wear this outfit.
So until then,
Happy Sewing and Shopping!