The actual sewing part of this sew-along will begin July 1st, 2014. However, I have planned a few preparation post to start things off this month. If your a little late joining us for this sew-along, don't worry. I plan to keep it at a manageable pace. So you should be able to catch up or start whenever you like.
Right-click the image to save it to your computer. If you’d like to add a link to your badge, use this one to find all of the A Grand Evening Sew-Along posts quickly and easily.
Feel free to use any of the sew-along images that you find on this blog. Just please link back to LivelyStitch Design if you do.
Now on the the schedule. I'm not planning on adding any dates to the following list because I know just how life can throw you a curve ball and delay you best laid plans. However, this is pretty much what I had planned for the A Grand Evening Sew-Along:
- A Grand Evening Sew-Along: Schedule and Other Details
- A Grand Evening Sew-Along: Gathering Fabric and Supplies
- A Grand Evening Sew-Along #1: Making a Muslin and Fitting for Other Dolls
- A Grand Evening Sew-Along #2: Cutting and Marking Our Fabric
- A Grand Evening Sew-Along #3: Sewing the Bodice
- A Grand Evening Sew-Along #4: Sewing the Skirt
- A Grand Evening Sew-Along #5: Attaching the Skirt and Snaps
- A Grand Evening Sew-Along #6: Working with Fur and Making the Collar
- A Grand Evening Sew-Along #7: Sewing the Cape Together
- A Grand Evening Sew-Along #8: Sewing the Petticoat and Ideas
- A Grand Evening Sew-Along #9: Making Gloves and Working with Lycra
- A Grand Evening Sew-Along #10: Creating the Evening Bag and Creativity
- A Grand Evening: All Finished and a Contest!
- A Grand Evening: Your Grand Evenings!
I think that's a pretty good and manageable schedule, with just a little bit to do each day, right? It should take about 2 weeks in July to finish this outfit. That will gives us the last couple of weeks for you to share your photos in the Flickr Group and take part in the CONTEST!! Everyone that posts pictures in the Flickr group will be entered in a drawing. The winner will get 4 free patterns of their choice from me. On July 31st my son, Jesse, will draw the lucky winner. So be sure to post some pictures!
I really can't wait to see what everyone is going to come up with! I told you guys that my daughter, Hannah, wanted to this along with us. She is going to sew it up for the Ellowyne Wilde doll. I don't have this pattern for that particular doll so that's going the be the post where I will show you how to alter the pattern to fit any doll you might have. My 9 year old neighbor even suggested doing it for her teddy bear. So who knows. LOL Hannah also wanted to change up the bodice a bit and add ruching. So that might be an added post. In any case, this is going to be exciting to see what so many different minds come up with.
If you’re planning on participating (or just following along!), I would love to hear from you in the comments section below! Also if you would like to join this sew-along enter your email below. I will send you an email every time I post something new.
Well guess that's it for now. Need to turn off the computer anyway because a major thunderstorm is headed this way.