I'm sure those of you who are following along on this sew-a-long are biting at the bit, ready to get this outfit finished. You aren't the only one!! So today I'm going to finish up working with our fur collars. Wanted to do more today but my energy still isn't at 100% so this is going to be a short post. But have plans to post daily until this outfit is done.
Due to the fact that I'm running behind I am also postponing the drawing for the four free patterns will not happen on the 31st. I am tentatively thinking the 14th of August. This should give you guys plenty of time to take pictures and either send them to me or post them to the flickr group for this sew-along. Just to clarify the rules of the drawing. If you want to enter for a chance at the drawing, take a picture of your finished Grand Evening outfit and post on flickr group or send to me via email and I will post to the flickr group. Your name will then be entered in the drawing. If you sew this up for 2 dolls then your name will be entered twice. So the more dolls you sew for the more chance you have to win.
Now on to the business of working with fur.
To start with get out that fur collar if you haven't lost it in all the time that I have been absent on here. You should have the fur trimmed away 1/4" from the edge all the way around. Did you guys have the same problem I did with fur flying everywhere? Or did you you find a better, less annoying way to trim that fur?
If you haven't seen my other posts about this Sew-Along and would like to catch up click on the links below.
- A Grand Evening Sew-Along: Schedule and Other Details
- A Grand Evening Sew-Along: Gathering Fabric and Supplies
- A Grand Evening Sew-Along #1: Making a Muslin and Fitting for Other Dolls
- A Grand Evening Sew-Along #2: Cutting and Marking Our Fabric
- A Grand Evening Sew-Along #3: Sewing the Bodice
- A Grand Evening Sew-Along #4: Sewing the Skirt
- A Grand Evening Sew-Along #5: Attaching the Skirt and Snaps
- A Grand Evening Sew-Along #6: Working with Fur and Collar Variations
- A Grand Evening Sew-Along #6: Working with Fur part 2
- A Grand Evening Sew-Along #7: Sewing the Cape Together
- A Grand Evening Sew-Along #8: Sewing the Petticoat and Ideas
- A Grand Evening Sew-Along #9: Making Gloves and Working with Lycra
- A Grand Evening Sew-Along #10: Creating the Evening Bag and Creativity
- A Grand Evening: All Finished and a Contest!
- A Grand Evening: Your Grand Evenings!